Tuesday, July 28, 2009

1 billion for police

1 billion in grants was just given to police forces around the country to hire some 39,000 officers. That's great and all for those that have new jobs, but has anyone looked at the bigger picture.
I don't know how many people have lost everything that they own because of the depression, ahem, I mean recession, and I don't know how many people of lost their jobs. I do know that there are hundreds of thousands that have.
Now I know not all of these people that have lost everything or their jobs are out looting and committing desperate crimes, but doesnt that always seem to happen when the countries economy spins down the shitter, they hire more cops.
People will do what they have to do to provide for their family, not everyone is out robbing, but some may be committing smaller misdemeanors or infractions.
It is a hard time for many americans, and I dont believe that hiring 39,000 cops is the tiny piece of the puzzle to helping out the economy.
They say it is part of the stimulus package, I myself smell pork barrel funding or something to that affect, wait a minute, isnt that kinda funny, cops and pork barrel funding. HA HA
Thought I would throw in a joke, so kill me.
I don't know everything to how this will affect any bit of the economy, but nothing else seems to be getting done to help anything not attatched to the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment